Friday, September 7, 2007

Old Interviews...

"Sara: I wrote about being really jealous, I'm talking intense jealousy, jealousy that I had never felt before. The thing that I loved about the chorus in that song is that 'I can't even work' it's like I'm exasperated with myself. I was like disabled by it. I was jealous of what I didn't have, what I used to have, what I wanted to have, and at that particular time I was sort of half-dating someone who was in a relationship, so it was an affair." (Read 'Sup Magazine, 2005).

"Tegan: I think we are artists who want to be remembered for our music and try to keep it focused on music but we are dynamic people and love the attention and love to talk and tell stories. We come from a long line of family who love to talk and tell tall-tales and it is fun to break-up the night with stories and quips. I also think it helped in the beginning to fill time when we had little material—and it breaks the nervous energy on stage for us so it is a big part of what we do now live. I think we are very salty." (Tweed).

No comments: