Saturday, December 1, 2007

"I have a side project with Hunter Burgan [of AFI]. It’s really interesting to not have to write emotionally," says Tegan. "I’ve always written so emotionally and everything has always been so intense and important…very, ‘My livelihood rests on this song…Sara’s livelihood…I need to write the most powerful song ever for Tegan and Sara.’ And then I have this side project where I’m like, ‘What rhymes with harm? Arm!’ I love it. It’s so fun because I can write without inhibitions. Because I was doing that at the same time as writing The Con, I was changing hats a lot. So some of that uninhibited-free writing got into Tegan and Sara stuff, and then some of my emotional, intense, self-absorbed, narcissistic, self-loathing made its way into that side project." (read full article with Tegan)

No comments: