Tuesday, December 4, 2007

"How do you prevent yourselves from doing the same things over and over again when performing?

I don’t sit at home and practice my guitar or practice my piano. That might be holding me back from becoming a bigger, stronger, better musician, but I think it’s what keeps me fresh and passionate about writing music and playing music. It doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to have a lot of feeling behind it. We change our set list a lot and we’ve got five records worth of songs plus b-sides and covers that we’re constantly trying out and changing around. I think that the banter and the storytelling element of our show, which is somewhat of a necessity at this point, ‘cuz we just really love to connect with our audience...we’re both storytellers by nature." (read full interview with Tegan).

No comments: